Friday, February 27, 2015

He Don't Even Know!


As a single, gay man, I'm bound to have hobbies.  One of them is photography.  Put a camera in my hand and I'm happy.  One of my specific gay activities with a camera is a sport I call sniping. I'm a sniper.  I shoot people (guys) from far away.  Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes when I do get them, I decide the chase was fun, but I don't want the prize and I release (delete).  There are some out there who say this is creepy.  I can't say that I totally disagree, but it's an odd addiction wherein I MUST get the shot.  I assuage my misgivings by reminding myself, that the images I am capturing are in the public and they aren't anything anyone else wouldn't see if they weren't standing where I am.  Also, I will not take these photos to humiliate anyone.  ( I cringe when people laugh at those unfortunate people in the aisles at Wal-Mart.  It's not nice.)

So I present to you HE DON'T EVEN KNOW!  Short for he don't even know he's my boyfriend.
These are photos I've taken of guys (not lifted from the web - all original) who I think are handsome, sexy, intriguing, probably a really swell guy, someone I'd love to sit in a love seat watching 9 TO 5 with...
If you're not creeped out, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I must respectfully disagree with the whole "he's out in public" thing, so it's okay to photo-stalk him. I think if the situation were reversed, you might feel violated. I think we have a right to be able to leave our homes without having to worry about being videoed or photographed. The law hasn't really kept up with our current technology. Screw that whole no expectation of privacy crap. Most of us can't afford to become hermits and have all of our needs met via private delivery. Let me post some photos of you entering a doctor's office, or buying a personal care product, for whatever reason, and I bet you wouldn't like it. Again, trying to be respectful of your POV, but I am on the "you are a creeper" side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind disagreement. So often it's too easy to resort to sarcasm & snark. I have been on the other side of the stolen pic and initially I was "WTF?", then I quickly realized that it's what I do to other folk. Then, I rationalized; I do it because I find someone attractive, so this person must have found me attractive. Nice. Of course, I know that there is the very distinct possibility that they took my picture to point out something about me and laugh about it with their friends, or post it on some "laugh at this guy" type website. I found my reaction to that, "Oh, well, it's out there." Certainly, I don't expect everyone to share the same attitude about being photographed on the sly that I have (I confess I'm shaped by my TV experience and Tyra Banks has taught me that I may be photographed anywhere at anytime, even though I'm so not Top Model material.) All I can say for myself is that this compulsion is driven by positive intentions and I hope my subjects (or victims as some point out) feel flattered rather than violated. Thank you, again for your POV, Peter!

    ReplyDelete