Saturday, September 17, 2016

Gay of A Certain Age - Just Watch Me, Big Brother!


I'm making headway!  Since I posted about my diagnosis as a Type 2 Diabetic, I've lost 10 neked pounds!  In 3 weeks, I've been able to reduce my fattiness to a point that gives me encouragement to go on to more loss.  Nobody has asked me how I did it, so I'll tell you!  I actually started moving.  Yes, it's that simple.  I started actively walking.  Of course, I'm watching what I eat, eat smaller portions and try to eat throughout the day, but I think the biggest change is the moving.  Of course, running around for two hours in a hot basement, wearing pantyhouse and a wig sure helped with the first  few pounds...

...but since my co-worker Cynthia (Not her real name) (Okay, it is her real name) showed me that my iPhone counts steps, I've been crazy about getting those numbers up to or passed the 10,000 steps a day recommendation.  So, on the way home from work I'll take the  l o n g  way home and go uphill to Sunset to my chosen harmless dinner destination.  Along my walks, I've gotten to know my city a little better.  I've seen the soon (?) to be demolished House of Blues, dying alone.

 I've also seen my local fire department enjoying some Pinches Tacos!

I get a good number of steps in this way, and I also get to pay a little attention to some of the neglected songs on my iPod.

I've had a great time thinking of fun ways to get my steps in.  They've included:
Walking around the Public Market in Seattle,

Walking around Disneyland for a day,

And going for walks with muh DAB, Dennis and his impossibly cute pup, Enzo!

This morning, I'm walking over to the Grove with muh DAB, Brett to catch a viewing of the SUICIDE SQUAD
I simply MUST see what everybody is hating about!

As a Gay of A Certain Age, I've learned to embrace any excuse to get a few steps in before the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! Keep up the good work. I love reading if your progress!

    ReplyDelete