Monday, July 16, 2018

Getting Out FAIL - Out of the Red


So here’s the thing… I went to the Red Dress party at the Gold Coast bar back in 2008 and had a great time.  I have sworn, ever since, that I would return.  Despite my intentions and the fact that it is only a 10 minute walk away from my home (a mere 1 minute walk prior to 2011…) I have never made it back because of my busy schedule and ever increasing involvement in Drag Season.  This year could have been different..
You see I was pet sitting these two lovely creatures,



merely 2 blocks away from the bar, when I realized that the Red Dress Party was going on.   I knew this because I saw the festivities revving up when I returned from seeing
The Humans at the Ahmanson with muh DAB, Dennis Hensley, at about 3:00.

 GREAT SHOW!!  GO SEE IT!!!

I thought, I’d take care of the animals, pack up my things, then head over to the Gold Coast at about 5:00, have a hooch or two then, still be home by 8 or 9…
Or even get lucky, meet a nice fella in a red dress, then end up slinking home just before work, Monday morning.

Those things did not happen.

What had happen was this;  I took care of the animals, gathered up my stuff, got in the car, considered driving around the block to the bar, parking and joining the fun.  That wouldn’t work because my stuff included my laptop and other valuables I didn’t want to risk losing to theft.  So, I drove home, unloaded my stuff, then sat on the sofa.   Apparently, I fell into a coma-like sleep and awoke in a sweaty haze at about 6:30pm.  I could not move.  I thought, ‘But it’ll be fun! You’ll get some great pics! Maybe you’ll get lucky..!'  I still could not move.  I sat cursing myself for my laziness & exhaustion.  I failed at getting out.

Even though I failed, it doesn’t mean you should suffer and not see any pics of the event.
Here are some pics from my 2008 Red dress Adventure. ( I wasn't in drag- this was before I had a lot of that crap on hand.)
  












What did I do instead of going to the party?
I ordered Kung Pao Bistro delivery, planted myself on the sofa and watched almost all of KILLING EVE!

It’s really good, you guys!  
I almost stayed up all night to finish it, but my inner adult said,
 “GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP, IDIOT!”

So, maybe the next time I have a window in my schedule and there’s a party going on, I’ll Get Out.












No comments:

Post a Comment