Monday, October 17, 2016

Gay of A Certain Age - Move


As you may recall, my birthday was just a few weeks ago, and while I'm still editing photos of that 5 day extravaganza, it occurred to me that I forgot to share with you an important gift.  Now, those of you who got me gifts, I loved and enjoy them all, but this one is significant to this blog.  My friend, Brett, was super generous and got me a FitBit.  It really has helped me to keep moving.  With a count of my steps at a touch away, I'm encouraged to keep moving until I reach my goal of 10,000 steps a day!  Granted, I don't always reach my goal, but I am certainly moving much more than I was before my diagnosis (Type 2 Diabetic).  Since I've started walking, I've shaved off 10 pounds.  For the last week or so, it seems that now I am walking to keep that 10 pounds off, so I have to step up the physical attack to lose more weight.  Wish me luck! (and a happy birthday if you haven't already. Gosh)

No comments:

Post a Comment