Monday, January 9, 2017

Gay of A Certain Age - Suprise!


So last week, I came home from work to find a white box on my door step.  I wasn't expecting anything and I usually get my stuff shipped to work, so I don't have to fret over the package when it's delivered.  I excitedly rushed in and unwrapped the package.  Inside were the cutest tiny gluten-free cup cakes!!  They looked very colorful and delicious!  So cute!

I found a card, but there was only a message; "A little something sweet to start off the new year".  I didn't see a name anywhere.  I was thrilled! I had a secret admirer, just like Jan Brady!
While I luxuriated in the notion of a lovely gift from an anonymous boyfriend, I popped on to the Facebook to let folks know how delighted I was and see if someone would collect their well deserved thanks.

Not long after, the mystery was solved.  Somehow, their names were left off of the card.  It was sent by my two very good friends Billy and Barry.  It meant a little extra special because the holidays and busy work schedules have kept us from hanging out a good number of weeks.  These cupcakes are almost as sweet as Billy & Barry!

As a Gay of A Certain Age, I've learned that I'm not too old to be excited and thrilled by a little mystery and that an unexpected gesture from great friends can really make me feel the love!



No comments:

Post a Comment