Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Single Perks - One and Done!



On my recent trip to New York, I threw together an impromptu Sunday brunch with some of my NY favorites.
Two invitees were immediate yeses, while one was a tentative maybe. 
You see, the maybe, whom I’ll call Erin, ‘cause that’s her name, was having a hard time giving a solid yes because her husband wasn’t feeling well,
while their child was just getting over an illness, which was just part of a vicious cycle of sickness being passed from person to person in their household.
It was then that it occurred to me how fortunate I am to be single in these times of contagion.  You see, when I get sick, I stay home, nurse myself, then get right back out there.
These unfortunate people who have a mate, or worse a mate and a child (or maybe even children!) have to get sick, pass it on, nurse those who caught it, then get sick again!

Sure, I’ve whined about not having anyone to bring me soup & gluten-free crackers and put the Netflix on Black Mirror for me,
but I’d much rather endure a few days of that than the weeks of recycled disease that comes with another person breathing the same apartment air!

Here's the brunch club: me, Thom Storr, Erin Quill and Richard Cramer

As you can see from the photo above, Erin made it to brunch, but I'll tell you; 
not having to worry that you'll have have to endure a cycle of germs constantly flying around you for weeks because you live alone... Them's the perks!

No comments:

Post a Comment