Saturday, April 30, 2016

Gay of A Certain Age - Fighting the Puppy



I am currently in the town where I grew up.  I'm visiting my best friend, Ted, whom I've known since the early 80's in high school.  I'm having a blast!
We're visiting museums, going to the theatre, 
where I got to see my best friend, Danny Lopez, play Tevya in Fiddler on the Roof at my old theatre stomping ground. We went to the movies and a Farmers Market, where I was sure to take note of whom I assume are the farmers...


There is one difficult part of this visit.  That is meeting Ted's new puppy, Apollo.

This little cutie is a monster of love, a stinky handful and problem for me.  He is making me reconsider getting a dog friend.  I'm trying hard not to give in because I know taking on a puppy, or two (I've always thought if I was going to get one, I'd have to get two just so they'd never be alone.) would mean a serious lifestyle change for me.  I spend a heck of a lot of time away from home, what with traveling, theatre doing & going and man hunting, a good portion of that would have to stop.
As a Gay of A Certain Age, I know how I want to budget my time and right now, I'm still considering that getting myself a dog family would be more a selfish act for me, than a mutually beneficial furry relationship.  Nice try cute puppy, nice try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment