Friday, August 25, 2017

Gay of A Certain Age- Always Something There to Remind Me


This is a picture of me in someone's guest bathroom a little while ago.  In my frame of mind, then, I thought, "Great! Art to remind people of their body issues."  I ran across this photo and was reminded of a project I embarked upon last June.  Remember the Recreate Geoff at 50 project?  In short, I'm supposed to recreate his photo on my 50th birthday.  Well, if you've been reading my posts, you know how terribly busy I am!!  So, with my 50th birthday looming at barely over a month away, I've got a crap load of catching up to do!  I had started gong to the gym with some regularity, then I went to New York for a weekend.  When I got back, I immediately fell into the busy pit and the gym was not to be seen again.  I didn't say much about that, because I had also said I would stop whining about my weight/fitness here.  As for where I am at this moment, I have lost a little over ten pounds in the last two weeks or so by cutting down on the food portions, with very little to no snacking.  I've also been putting my FitBit (in my pocket because of the bad skin reaction) to work and getting as close to my 10,000 steps a day goal as possible. That includes walking back and forth in my apartment before midnight, like a crazy person.  Also, if history can be trusted, I can count on losing at least another 5 pounds while doing Chico's Angels 4: Chicas Are 4Ever.  Last night was opening night and being in almost every scene with 8 fast costume changes, I was sweating up a storm (all while trying to keep my make-up fresh).

It also helps having a hunk to fondle as inspiration for fitness, right?

I hope I can get my ears as hunky as I found his last night!

I hope I can get myself down to at least 190 lbs and find a way to tone up nicely before I post my nearly neked self pic on October 3 (or a little after, since I will be in Australia, then and can't predict postability)!

Meanwhile, Geoff, doesn't seem to be having any problem staying fit..

But rest assured, I will post that pic no matter how proud or displeased I am with my body because I know, as a Gay of A Certain Age, it is important to set goals and do what you say you're going to do.  ...even if I don't have any Spartan Races in my near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment