Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Gay of A Certain Age - Netflix & ill


I finally succumbed to this cough that's been traveling around.  I honestly thought that I had dodged it, but no.  Here I am coughing my lungs up, feeling like I swallowed razor blades.  Once I felt it coming on, I went to Urgent Care and asked for a Zpac, even though the clinic lady didn't think it would help much.  We'll see if this lasts the usual 3 weeks of this strain.

I got to stay in and watch TV, which has always been a fantasy of mine, but usually, I don't call in sick to work until my illness has totally kicked my ass and all I can do at home all day is sleep.  I am awake for most of the day with this illness.  I caught up on some shows and I will say it was not the best situation for watching the final episode of THE X-FILES, in which the human race's immune systems are knocked out and people start dying these slow sicky deaths.  I watched a few movies and enjoyed STRANGER BY THE LAKE


I finally started watching GRACE AND FRANKIE




This is a show about two women who end up living together after their husbands find love together.  What's interesting to me is that I'm more drawn to Frankie and Grace's story, rather than the men who find gay love in their 70s.  I guess it's obvious why I favor the story of the two ex-wives living together.  It is because, in essence they are dying alone together.  This is exactly what I was imagining when I started this blog; single folk finding comfort and companionship in each other rather than isolating themselves, lamenting that they have not found or have lost love.
As a Gay of A Certain Age, it's important to remember that no matter how old you are, your life situation could change drastically at any moment, (or sadly enough, not change in  any way, at all) and what will be most important is those you will turn to.  Hopefully it'll be someone who is compatable, with a sense of humor and was in one of your favorite movies, ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment