Wednesday, January 13, 2016

This Is Why I Am Single - Cheesy Excuse


This is kind of an addendum to my last entry, because it is directly related, you guys.  As you may know, I went home to El Paso for Christmas.  When one goes to El Paso, they must see family, they must see friends and they must eat CHILE CON QUESO.  For those of you who don't know, in it's simplest form, this is a sauce/dip made of cheese and green chiles.  There may be variations in the cheese used, but the best is the government cheese Grandma used to wait in line for.  Apparently, almost any cheese used turns out delicious.  So, my dilemma is that everywhere I went, there was chile con queso; taco stands, fine restaurants, everyone's home...  Almost everywhere I went to eat, this stuff was poured on my food, and if it wasn't, I poured it on myself!  This may be part of why I made it to my highest weight ever.  Maybe?

This is a breast of chicken doused in chile con queso

This Is Why I Am Single; When in El Paso, I will gladly pour liquid cheese down my gullet, and not even consider working out or simply taking a walk to offset the effects.  Then, I'll whine about gaining weight in my blog.  I'm fairly sure I'll continue bringing my weight back down to my almost acceptable plateau, but what I'm certain of is that whomever said, "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels," has never had chile con queso made with Grandma's government cheese!

NOTE: There's a little more to Grandma's recipe, but I shan't reveal her secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment