Thursday, September 17, 2015

Gay of A Certain Age - A Lifestyle I've Yet To Get Accustomed To


I came out late, at 28, so I've been officially gay for 20 years and I've yet to figure out what this
 "Gay Lifestyle" these people, who have no idea what they are talking about, are talking about!
They seem to think that all gays do and feel the same things, as if we were trained, ironic, since most of us are trained to be straight.
What is the "Gay Lifestyle" to me?  Get up at 6:30ish, go to work til 6:00, go home, either go to rehearsal, do a show, see if a DAB wants to have dinner or PREFERABLY sit in front of the T.V. with Hugo's takeout on a tray, masturbate & sleep (I mostly masturbate when I wake up, but not always, so I kept it to myslef.).  On weekends, I get up (hopefully) late and figure out brunch options or sit with coffee, peanut butter toast and my laptop most of the day.  Nap in the afternoon in anticipation of performing, reluctantly going to a social gathering or watching alot of T.V.  I don't have excersising on my agenda, I get that accidentally.  Is this THE "Gay Lifestyle"? The lifestyle all gays are supposed to have?  Somehow, I don't think this is how Elton John's day goes, or Michael Sam or Snagglepuss, for that matter.  Is there a 'Straight Lifestyle?"  Am I to assume that because The Pope and Ted Nugent are both straight that they live the same lifestyle?

I think it's ridiculous that anyone would assume a person's lifestyle choice based on to whom they are attracted, because how I live my life is so much more than how I screw up getting sex for myself.
Do me a favor, next time you hear someone say "The Gay Lifestyle" slug them for me, because as Chico's Angels would say, "Ju don't know my life!"


No comments:

Post a Comment