Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Gay Of A Certain Age - Single Rider


As a Gay Of A Certain Age, I am in a position to take a day, as I please, and indulge the younger me inside me.  I went to Disneyland to enjoy the Halloween decor and celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the park.  There's nothing like riding the rides, eating the snacks and waiting in the lines for nine hours.




I went with my married friends, who, obviously, utilized the single rider line illegally, generally mocking me and my singleness.  We did the California Adventure park first, because we planned to eat lunch at the Carthay Circle Lounge restaurant.


We took in my favorite ride of all time early.  I love the 3-D Toy Story Midway Mania shooting gallery!  That almost made up for the fact that the park was terribly crowded and it was a hot sunny day.  Lunch was delicious, even though, I was disappointed by the gluten-free bread treatment, which is usually very delicious.



We were delighted to see Disneyland decked out in the Halloween spirit...

...and pleased that the Latino culture is being embraced with a little
Day of the Dead display.

The lines were so long, 
people started to find different ways to keep themsleves amused.

I kept myslef amused by scoping out 
some daddylicious
park patrons.
I found as many as 6 unknowing boyfriends!


We topped off the night with the longest line
and most fun ride,
Space Mountain,
changed up with the spewky
Ghost Galaxy theme.

We bid the park goodnight
and I vowed to return at least 3 more times
in the next 12 months
to make my purchase of a yearly pass worth it!

 Maybe I'll find some sweet suitor who has a pass of his own and we can enjoy riding together!




No comments:

Post a Comment