Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Gay of a Certain Age - Southern Rebel!


As a Gay of a Certain Age, I've been finding grey hairs for quite a while, now.
They first appeared in my beard, which I was very pleased about.  Better there than my head, right?
Then they started appearing on my head, with a lot of Moxie!
They stick straight out screaming "Look at me! Look at me!", but as long as I keep my hair short, they aren't too much of a sight.
Then, I noticed a few on my chest.  I don't know when those started appearing because I've been forced to trim my chest for the drag stuff so often.
Now, it has finally happened... I found my first grey... down there!  
I was going through my usual morning routine when it caught the light in a way that made it seem like it meant to say, "Well, good morning.  I've been wondering when you'd finally notice me. Aren't I just adorable & different?"  Well gosh, no.  It's not adorable, but it is different.

I didn't really react as dramatically as this photo would have you believe.  I haven't limited myself because of my age (I have used it as an excuse in some cases... I mean, who wants to leave the house at 10:00 pm on a Saturday?) age is just a number, in most cases so I really enjoy Birthday celebrations and don't mind a little salting of my pepper.  It's just a little weird to have this visual reminder there.  Golly, I've always felt quite youthful there, even though I haven't shared my youth much with others lately, I have enjoyed the playground very much alone.  Well, chalk up another one for time... just don't chalk up so much down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment